The Hudson Horror Show 666 is a horror movie marathon that will show 6 classic horror/action/fantasy pictures in their 35mm prints. Shorts and vintage trailers will also be shown. This 12 hour film festival takes place on Saturday, December 1st, 2012 at the Silver Cinemas in Poughkeepsie, New York.
The films to be shown are:
- The Devil’s Rain (1975) Starring Ernest Borgnine, William Shatner, and Tom Skerrit, this is a Satanic cult classic from the 70s that ends in a literal meltdown! John Travolta’s debut.
- Switchblade Sisters (1975). Director Jack Hill’s cult classic tells a lurid tale about girls, guns and gang wars. One of Quentin Tarantino’s favorites.
- Phantasm II (1988) Ten years later, the ball is back. So is the tall man, his midget minions, and the spacegate. This classic sequel is reviewed here.
- Re-Animator (1985). This campy send-up follows the insane Dr. Herbert West (Jeffrey Combs), who develops a serum that miraculously revives the dead. Watch for the “sex” scene between Barbara Crampton and a guy’s head.
- Conan the Barbarian (1982) – Arnold Schwarzenegger’s breakout film is one of the best swords-and-sorcery flicks out there. And now you can watch it again in 35mm glory.
- Black Christmas (1974). Granddaddy of the slasher genre. Stars John Saxon and was directed by Bob Clark! A Christmas Story, it’s not, but it’s still one of the best slashers. Reviewed here.
Hudson Horror Show 666 Location
Silver Cinemas South Hills 8
1895 South Rd.
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Vendors will also be on hand with comic books, movie posters, rare DVD’s, t-shirts, and more. Horror author Jason Gehlert will even be in attendance signing copies of his new book, Jeremiah Black.
Hudson Horror Show 666 Tickets
Tickets are $26.00 in advance and $30.00 at the door day of show (but they may sell out). Doors open at noon, show starts at 1PM and runs until 12AM. One ticket gets you entry in and out all day long. Advance tickets are on sale until Monday, November 26th.
For more info, check out the official page.