A new entry in the Spanish horror series [Rec] is coming in 2012. It’s titled [Rec] 3 Génesis, and it will be mostly a sequel to [Rec] 2 from 2009, but there will also be prequel elements.
What is currently known about [Rec]3 Genesis:
- The action takes place at a wedding, miles away from the original location and partly in broad daylight
- Reporter Angela Videl will not appear in this installment; however a tenant from the apartment from the first 2 films will be seen.
- Again, directed by Paco Plaza, who also directed the first two
- Stars Leticia Dolera, Javier Botet, Diego Martín, and Mireia Ros
- There will be a setup for the 4th movie REC: Apocalypse, which is said to be the final installment.
- It is unclear whether the entire film will take place using cam-point-of-view. The trailer makes it seem like it won’t be.
The new [Rec] 3 trailer is below. Spanish language only, but we think English speakers will still get the gist of it!
Red Band Trailer
Check out the new red band English trailer for REC 3:
[Rec] 3 will be released by Fox Searchlight Pictures in theaters on September 7th, 2012.